Translate

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gaba Tea by Tea From Taiwan


The weather here in Mississippi is so crazy one day it hot then its cold then it's hot, we have a saying here "If you don't like the weather stay a few hours it will change" anyways today was another nice day to have tea outside and I got lots of sample packs from teafromtaiwan.com so I decided to have some outside, my dog had to come out and join me and she wanted to be is some of the pics too :)

I chose the Gaba Tea first from the Chong Pei Sample Pack
GABA tea has special health benefits, 
GABA tea is a relatively new type of tea with special health benefits. It was first produced in 1987 in Japan where it remains a very popular type of tea. The main compound is gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) - an amino acid that occurs naturally in the human body. GABA is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter found in the nervous system and also in the retina.

Taiwanese GABA tea is an all natural product. It is made from high-grade whole-leaf that is naturally rich in glutamic acid - the precursor to GABA. The processing involves exposing the fresh tea leaves to nitrogen gas under controlled conditions. GABA tea is produced according to standards set by the Japanese government, and meets or exceeds the Japanese standard of 150 mg of GABA per 100 grams of tea.

GABA tea brews to a dark brown color with a pleasing, light taste and can be served either hot or iced.

This one is really good a friend says it reminds him of Oriental Beauty and I can see that cuz it does remind me of a darker or roasty oolong but at the same time it reminds me of  a certain Black Pearls Tea, it has a wonderful flavor to me, I  see lots of not so great reviews on Gaba tea but I think it is just wonderful, this one had some citrus notes in it as well as some cinnamon type notes. It's very good and I want to try more Gabas from other places, I've had about 3 of them so far from other places.
Anyways good tea you guys should try it.










 I steep it with short infusions in the gaiwan making a light tasty tea with many steeps, I did do a "regular" steep just to try and it was still wonderful. 





No comments:

Post a Comment